Targeted Leaflet Distribution
Leaflet advertising is a powerful way to land your message directly in front of your target audience. As a marketing strategy, door drop marketing has one of the highest visibility rates of all marketing channels.
Leafletdrop is brought to you by Whistl, market leaders in audience targeting and leaflet services. Leafletdrop works with many B2B clients from big to small, local to national and is an advocate of audience targeting that delivers better response rates and a stronger return on investment.
This is why Leafletdrop gives you an easy-to-use audience targeting tool. To help you find the right audience who are more likely to engage and respond to your direct mail marketing strategy, whatever your industry and whatever your business size
The Importance of Targeted Leaflet Distribution
Introducing demographic targeting to your leaflet distribution marketing strategy can help to reduce costs, increase campaign speed and efficiency and help to refine your business goals. By creating a targeted leaflet campaign, you can achieve measurable results from your ideal target audience, and all you need is Leafletdrop’s free leaflet campaign targeting tool.
Delivering a non-targeted leaflet distribution campaign means you have no data to signify if you are marketing to the right people, or even in the right area! This wastes money on leaflets and other door drop media that are posted through the doors of many people that your services are not relevant for. In this case, your leaflets are likely to go straight to the bin.
By implementing leaflet targeting with Leafletdrop’s targeting tool, your door drops are placed straight onto the doormats of people that are statistically most likely to need your products or services. This improves return on investment from your leaflet campaigns, grows your customer base and brand awareness and reduces the number of wasted door drops. You can also use your campaign learnings to influence future marketing strategies and refine your advertising goals.
Leaflet targeting by postcode
With access to over 27 million UK households, Leafletdrop’s online targeting tool lets you build up a leaflet distribution strategy by postcode area. Allowing you to segment postcodes by demographics and enabling you to identify the most potentially prosperous areas and households to distribute your printed marketing materials to.
The average postcode district contains around 2,500 households. We apply industry-leading data tools to understand the common traits for each postcode area such as age, income and presence of children. This creates meaningful audience groups which can be selected in the tool.
Targeted Leaflet Distribution by life stages
From analysing the aforementioned data, Leafletdrop has grouped the UK population into four Life Stages:
- Families: Adults with children
- Early Life: Adults 21-35 years old
- Mid Life: Adults 35-55 years old
- Later Life: Adults 55 years and over
Within each Life Stage, we have identified more detailed sub-groups for stronger targeting based on:
• Playschool Parents: with pre-school aged children
• Primary School Parents: with Primary School aged children
• Secondary School Parents: with Secondary School aged teenagers
• Hotel Parents: Mid-Life mature parents
• Fledglings: Young adults still living in the parental home
• Nest Builders: Young and married in own property
• Flown The Nest: Young singles living in own property
• Non-standard Families: Not married/living as a couple, living with relations, do not live with their children
• Unconstrained Couples: Middle aged Couples with no Children
• Mid-life Independents: Middle aged singles with no children
• Empty Nesters: Mature couples with no children
• Senior Sole Decision Makers: Mature Singles
How to use Leafletdrop’s leaflet targeting tool:
- Sign up for free to create your targeted campaign with Leafletdrop's online targeting tool.
- Name your campaign. This won’t have any impact on the campaign itself, so make sure you title it something useful that will help you to organise your campaigns later on. Eg. Christmas Promotion 2020 Campaign
- Enter your postcode or town, and apply a radius or drivetime.
- This shows you the number of postcode areas and the total number of households in your chosen catchment area
- Select your target audience groups
- You can select all or some of the sub-groups
- Select your chosen income bracket
- Use the Target Audience Range slider to select a Wide or Accurate audience, based on your Target Audience selections
- ‘Wide’ gives you more households within your chosen catchment, with a broader audience
- ‘Accurate’ gives you less households within your chosen catchment, with a tighter audience
- Postcode sectors automatically show in blue which relates to the household volume and distribution cost show underneath the map.
- When you’ve reached the right level of households to your budget, click ‘Add This Area’.
- You can add multiple areas, one at a time, on each leaflet campaign. Click 'Add new area' to do this.
- Upload your own postal sectors
- You can upload your own postal sectors from the targeting home screen. Click 'Upload custom areas' here:
- Then upload your postal sectors from a spreadsheet but ensure it is saved as a .CSV file
- Choose the Leafletdrop service you would like: Distribution only ot Print and Distribution.
For further support, please visit our contact us page